8-15 June 2014 | Kobuleti, Adjara Region , Georgia
The training Course (TC) ‘Together We Are Power! is organized by Europe Our House with the support of Youth in Action Programme under the Action 3.1. Gender is the topic of the TC, which is scheduled to take place on June 8-15, 2014 in Kobuleti, Georgia. The training course ‘Together We Are Power!’ scheduled to take place on June 8-15 in Kobuleti, Adjara Region of Georgia is designed for youth leaders/workers, educators, artists and media representatives to contribute to mainstreaming gender in youth work through Human Rights Education and Non-Formal Education methodologies. This 8-day TC is organized with the support of Youth in Action programme of the European Union within the framework of the action 3.1 envisaging Cooperation with the neighboring countries of the European Union under the name ‘Eastern Partnership Youth Window’. The TC is coordinated by Europe Our House and promoted by 14 youth organizations from the EU and Eastern Partnership countries (Estonia, Slovakia, Belarus, Italy, Georgia, Armenia, Spain, Bulgaria, Netherland, UK, Latvia, Cyprus, Ukraine, Moldova)
The goal of the TC are as follow: - to foster idea of gender equality through non-formal education and thus to boost knowledge and skills of young people on gender equality and sexual orientations; - discuss problems related to equality treatment between man and woman; - promote gender equality beyond EU, especially in the Post-Soviet countries; - generate ideas and exchange view how to combat intolerance attitudes towards LGBTQ society in Europe through youth work, in particular explore how youth work can provide tools to challenge predetermined gender roles, contributing actively to de-construct discriminatory attitudes; - organize discussions on global diversity and set informal network as a follow up. The TC is focused to give young people better understanding that gender equality is, first and foremost a cornerstone of the human rights.
Costs 70% of the travel costs is eligible to be reimbursed through the EC grant. The rest 30% of the travel expenses should be covered either by a participant or a partner organization. Within June 8-15 Europe Our House will provide the participants with an accommodation in shared rooms and full board (meal) in Kobuleti.